The Wallaceburg & District Chamber of Commerce is represented on some municipal boards and commissions and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. What’s more, the Wallaceburg & District Chamber of Commerce offers exclusive benefits to its members as a perk for becoming a member.
There are a variety of advertising opportunities available for Chamber members; the monthly newsletter, “Bridging Opportunity” Signage Program, Chamber Master and on the Chamber website.
The Chamber Newsletter is published monthly and is distributed to Chamber members, area media, government and other Chambers of Commerce by email. The newsletter includes information on Chamber activities, relevant business information, news from the Canadian Chamber and member information. In addition to advertising in the newsletter, members can also arrange to have their flyers inserted into the newsletter.
The “Bridging Opportunity” Signage Program is an affordable and eye catching way to showcase your business to the Chatham-Kent community. Many people drive by these signs on a daily basis providing maximum advertising possibilities. No matter the size, big or small, our sign is an excellent way to promote your business in the Wallaceburg community.
The Chamber has invested in providing our members with an updated Internet presence through Chamber Master. Your online business listing may be enhanced for greater visibility. Along with priority placement in the directory, you will be able to add logos, photos, in-depth business descriptions and much more. Also available are Hot Deals, Job Postings, and Events.
Expand your reach through our community and local businesses by advertising on our website. There are three different options (Top Banner Ads, Side Ads and Bottom Ads) to promote your business making it easy and affordable.
Member-to-Member Benefits Program
The Member-to-Member Benefits Program is designed to give Chamber members exclusive benefits by doing business with fellow members, encourages local shopping, and stimulates networking while helping members cut down on cost. Please click here for a list of participating businesses. Chamber members also receive benefits through the Canadian Chamber of Commerce which are listed below.
Canadian Chamber of Commerce Benefits
- Merchant Card Program: Chamber members have access to reduced Visa and MasterCard rates and other banking services through First Data. Click here for more details.
- ESSO Business Card Program: Imperial Oil will get you on your way more efficiently with the ESSO Business Card Program offering members a discount of 3.5 cents per litre of gas at any ESSO-branded service stations in Canada. Click here for more details.
- The Source – Business Program: Sign up and save up to 20% – even on sale prices
- Johnson Inc Insurance: Discounts on home, auto and travel insurance.
- SME Training: Chamber members receive online training courses through Chamber elearning centre.
- First Call: Chamber members will receive Human Resource services through First Call … Your HR hotline.
- Quantum Cloud: Quantum RBS Inc offer a cloud backup recovery program for all chamber members.
- UPS Shipping: Take advantage of the UPS Members Benefit Program and save on a variety of UPS services! You’ll receive 30% off small package shipments within Canada, to the U.S. and to worldwide destinations, 25% off imports into Canada, discounts starting at 75% off freight shipments, and more. To get started today, visit www.membersbenefitprogram.com/WallaceburgCC or call 1-800-MEMBERS (1-800-636-2377), M-F, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST. In addition, you can get 10% off printing, packaging, and mailbox rentals at the UPS Store. Click here to obtain The UPS Store ‘Get More” card.
- ICC Publication Discounts: ICC Publication offers chamber members a 10% discount.
Networking & Social Opportunities
A number of social and business events are planned annually by the Wallaceburg & District Chamber of Commerce. Members and their guests are encouraged to participate in all programs whenever their schedule allows. These events are informative and provide an excellent networking opportunity. Chamber members are also given the opportunity to sponsor events and programs in order to demonstrate support for Chamber initiatives and to promote your business.
The following programs take place annually:
- Business and Community Excellence Awards Gala
- Golf Tournament
- Annual General Meeting
- Seminars/Workshops and Distinguished Speaker Series
Chamber members are also invited to participate in the Business After Hours program, which provides open house forums for members to exhibit and network with customers and potential customers.