Highlights of the February 2015 Chamber Minutes
from Secretary, Andrew Jeffs
Karen Debergh reported on the Executive Committee held on February 4th. Andrew Jeffs has agreed to fill the position of Secretary on the Executive. The Board meetings have been moved to the third Thursday before Business after Hours. The committee discussed new software for the new computer; Microsoft 365. Karen Debergh has been attending meetings for the Municipality. Karen recently attended the Tourism meeting. The Municipality has hired a consultant to do a report on tourism in Chatham-Kent; he will be coming in March or April.
- Finance Committee: Randy McNeil discussed the Financial Reports. Randy has changed the cash flow projection report to reflect the cash position at the following month end. The Finance committee needs to finalize the 2014 year end. Randy spoke with Steve Outridge at Bailey Kearney Ferguson; and he recommends doing a review engagement as opposed to audited statements.
- Special Events Committee: Chuck Ferris reported on the Special Events Committee. The Business after Hours events are booked through to September. There will not be an event in June, July or August unless a business wants to do August. October and December need to be filled.
- Business Excellence Committee: Chuck Ferris reported on the Business Excellence Committee. Ashley Oughtred has agreed to co-chair the committee with Bernice Leslie. The event will be held at The Clubhouse at Baldoon. It was suggested to look at different ways to do the nominations.
- Golf Committee: Chuck Ferris reported on the Golf Committee. The event has been booked at Countryview Golf Course.
- Curling Bonspiel Committee: Chuck Ferris reported on the Curling Bonspiel. The committee needs to get registrations in. The committee will be meeting on February 23rd to make final arrangements.
- Marketing/Membership Committee: Chuck Ferris reported on the Marketing/Membership committee. Chuck is working with Tina to get budgets done. The Chamber has a couple of new members; Wallaceburg Adult Activity Club and The Clubhouse at Baldoon.
- Strategic Planning Committee: Karen Debergh reported on the Strategic Planning Committee. The committee can’t meet until all the committee budgets are in.
Council Report: Carmen McGregor reported on Council who passed the budget with a 0% tax increase. Final engineering plans came through and were passed for the Walking Bridge.
Age-Friendly Committee Report: Carmen McGregor reported on the Age-Friendly Committee. A report will be going to council in June and is coming together very well. The Age-Friendly Committee has two areas; one looks at buildings, outdoor spaces and the second area looks at indoor regulations, lighting and signage. The committee was established to make our communities age-friendly; to meet the needs of all ages but in needed areas.
Chamber Office Rental: The board would like to rent out the Chamber office but we need to look into getting the back bathroom looked at.
Next board meeting – March 19, 2015 – 3:30 PM – Chamber office
Call to undefined function mb_strimwidth()