Export Market Access: A Global Expansion Program
What is it?
Export Market Access (EMA) is a $5 million initiative, jointly sponsored by the Government of Ontario and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC). It is designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises SMEs) increase their access to global markets.
What is the benefit to your company?
Generally the EMA program will cover 50% of the eligible costs in four specified areas. Non-repayable contributions generally range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $30,000 (with the exception of capital bidding projects which generally would not exceed $35,000).
• SMEs in Ontario currently offering a product or service
• A new or emerging exporter – minimum of five employees to a maximum of 500 employees – or partnerships/consortium of small to medium sized new or emerging exporters meeting the following criteria:
• Annual sales of $500,000 or more.
• Currently established and operating in Ontario.
• Registered (federally or provincially) for minimum of two years.
• In full compliance with all government laws and regulations.
• Not receiving any other contributions from public funds towards the activities contained in the funding application.
How do I apply?
All of the forms required to submit an application can be accessed, completed and submitted online at http://exportaccess.ca/howtoapply.shtml.
You can apply for more than one category and you can apply more than once in a 12-month period.
You will be advised within 30 business days regarding your eligibility for EMA and will receive 25% of the projected eligible costs when you sign your contract. When you have completed the activities/ project, you will submit a final report along with other required documents. Upon approval and acceptance of the final report, the OCC will provide you with the balance of their contribution.
Where can I find more information?
General information can be found on the OMAFRA website: http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/food/industry/exp-mkt-access.htm
More detailed information, a guide and application forms can be found at the Export Access website: www.exportaccess.ca